High power laser measurement

Going beyond the limits with custom solutions

Thanks to our unique design, our HP series, high power detectors for measuring multi-kW lasers, are lighter and more compact than any other high power detector on the market.

We offer regular detectors, available off the shelf, with models up to 30 kW and custom-made detectors, available on demand and designed for your needs for up to 120 kW.

  • Choose YOUR size
  • Choose YOUR maximum power
  • We will customize one just for you

Square, round or even rectangular apertures are possible, up to 500 mm x 500 mm in size.

Discover our standard HP series or get in touch to learn more about customization possibilities.

Inquire

HANDLE EXTREMELY HIGH POWERS WITH LOW BACK-REFLECTIONS

The proprietary optical absorber that Gentec-EO developed has a very high damage threshold and is spectrally flat. Although it absorbs approximately 90% of the radiation, when your laser beam has an extremely high average power the remaining 10% that is backscattered is substantial.

To manage the back-reflections and provide a safer working environment, we can equip your high-power detector with a water-cooled “TUBE” extension.

This custom project example can measure up to 100 kW of average power continuously, and less than 4 % of the incident radiation is backscattered.

Inquire

HIGH POWER, SMALL BEAMS

High power lasers that are focused in a small area require the highest damage thresholds. For the challenging applications, we offer a gold-cone based design that reflects the incident light off the sides of the opening, distributing the intensity over a larger area (which is covered by our proprietary high damage threshold absorber) and increasing the damage threshold to tens of kW/cm2 at full power. With such high damage thresholds, you can now measure your high laser power without having to expand your beam.

The standard model, HP60A-15KW-HD, can measure up to 15 kW, and it can be scaled up to meet your specifications. 

View product
Photo courtesy of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

High energy calorimeters

When it comes to the largest and highest energy laser beams, a Gentec-EO calorimeter is the most reliable solution available.

Through cooperation with several leading research facilities around the world, Gentec-EO has become an expert in manufacturing, calibrating and servicing calorimeters for use in high energy inertial confinement fusion calorimetric measurement.

Using NIST traceable sources and proven calibration techniques, Gentec-EO’s large calorimeters, with a calibration uncertainty of ± 3% and a repeatability better than ± 2%, are the most accurate large aperture measurement devices on the market.

We have designed calorimeters for 16 kJ beams. We have built them as large as 420 x 427 mm in aperture size, to withstand pulse energy densities of more than 15 J/cm2.

We are happy to push these limits even further!

Learn more
COPYRIGHT ©2021 Gentec-eo Spektrum média