We are experts in laser beam measurement looking for other experts
What we offer
- A fast-growing market in an even faster growing company
- A very dynamic, stimulating work environment
- Equal opportunity employment for all
- Competitive salaries and a full benefit package
What we are looking for
- Responsible, efficient, respectful and innovative candidates who are results and team oriented
- Candidates in the following academic background: physics engineering, electrical engineering and materials engineering for new opportunities in R&D and Sales & Marketing. We’re also always on the hunt for talented physics and electronic technicians
West Coast Technical Sales Engineer
Gentec-EO is a very successful, Canadian company with double-digit growth over the last 10 years, with a subsidiary in Portland (OR) vicinity. We are specialized in products developed for laser beam measurement solutions in a number of fields including scientific, industrial, medical and military. Gentec-EO has a worldwide presence with calibration centers on three continents and offices in Canada, USA and Japan. Our customers can be found in over 45 countries.
As the West Coast Technical Sales Engineer, you will be expected to grow sales dynamically in the Western States. Using your technical knowledge along and work experience to provide advice and solutions to measurement needs supported by the wide range of Gentec-EO products. These include thermal and optical power detectors, pyroelectric and optical energy detectors, analog and digital meters, beam profiling cameras and a unique series of THz detectors.
- Grow sales in the western part of the United States
- Work with the support of the existing team (inside sales, application engineering and marketing) to identify and develop sales strategies for current customers and new opportunities
- Develop a strong network of contacts
- Attend and contribute to our annual Sales / Marketing Meeting in Quebec City
- Participate in a number of trade shows, like Photonics West, Fabtech and CLEO, as an exhibitor
- Help Gentec-EO penetrate prospective companies involved in new laser applications where we currently have little or no presence
- Bachelor’s degree in physics or physics engineering, with or without M. Sc. or Ph. D.
- Proficiency with a CRM system
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to develop new accounts
- 10 years sales experience in the photonics marketplace (ideally laser-related products)
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time including customer visits and trade shows
- The candidate will be based at our Lake Oswego, OR office
Submit your curriculum
Submit your resume and curriculum to Gentec-EO at any time. We are a fast-growing company and are regularly hiring new talents. We’ll keep your application in our candidate bank and we’ll contact you when a position that fits your skills opens.