Laser Lab Awards
Now accepting applications
The Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards event aims to support optics laboratories in universities and colleges all around the world. Its goal is to ensure students have access to the same quality measurement instruments that are used today in the industry.
To enter the event, applicants should describe how they intend to use the Gentec-EO material in their laboratory and elaborate on the physics principles their students will learn with this material. Applicants must be in a role where they provide instruction through laboratory demonstrations or experiments at a university or college.
You choose your prize among 5 options
#1 – UP19K-30H-H5-INT-D0
This thermopile-based laser power detector comes in its INTEGRA version, which means you get an all-in-one laser power meter that you simply plug in your PC with the USB connector. Install our free proprietary software PC-Gentec-EO and you are ready to take a measurement up to 30 W of continuous power with a maximum average power density of 36 kW/cm².
#2 – QE25LP-H-MB-INT-D0
Want to measure laser energy instead of power? Try this all-in-one laser energy meter. With this INTEGRA version of our popular QE25LP-S-MB pyroelectric-based energy detector you get both a detector and a meter in one convenient product for measurement up to 3.8 J with a maximum energy density of 0.6 J/cm². Just plug it in your PC and install our free software PC-Gentec-EO.
#3 – PRONTO-SI
The PRONTO-SI uses a photodiode-based technology and is made for laser power measurement between 0.3 nW and 800 mW. It can be handheld or mounted on a small stand. This user-friendly product is so simple to use that anyone can start using it within seconds. It offers data logging on its internal memory and a USB connection to transfer data on your PC.
#4 - UP19K-15S-H5-BLU-D0
Wireless thermal detector for laser power measurement up to 15 W with embedded monitor. Includes USB Bluetooth receptor. Finally get rid of wires on your optic table! Download our free proprietary BLU app from the App store or the Google Play Store and start measuring in a matter of seconds.
#5 - PRONTO-250
Thanks to a low noise level and high damage threshold, the PRONTO-250 can measure powers from 1 W to 250 W. Save your data to the internal memory and then transfer it to your PC over the USB connection. The touch screen color LCD allows for a friendly user interface. You can make a measurement with just the touch of a button!
Rules, terms and conditions
Your application must meet all the following criteria in order to be eligible to participate in the Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards program.
- Your organization must be academic.
- The applicants must be in a role where they provide instruction through laboratory demonstrations or experiments at a university or college.
- Your application must be submitted using our application form accessible below and before the indicated deadline.
Gentec-EO will select 12 winners.
Winners are determined at the sole discretion of the Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards team and will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Intended use of the requested product in your laboratory for your students (hint: make sure to provide detailed information when filling the application form)
- Number of students who will use the product in your laboratory
- All eligibility criteria are met
Prizes will be awarded to the winning colleges and universities, not to the applicants who represent them.
By applying to this program, you accept the following conditions if your application is selected:
- You agree to have an announcement or news article published on your organization's official website within 60 days of taking delivery of the product in which it is announced that you were awarded a prize following your participation at the Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards. The article must explicitly mention the Gentec-EO brand and the awarded product name with hyperlinks to both Gentec-EO’s website home page and product page.
- You authorize Gentec-EO to publish your application on our website and social media accounts.
- You can submit your application between May 1 and June 30, 2023.
- Winners will be contacted directly during summer 2023.
Submit your application
Do you think your students could benefit from using one of these products in your laboratory? If so, we invite you to take a few minutes to submit your application by June 30, 2023 at the latest.