Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards
The Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards contest aims to support optics laboratories in universities and colleges in the United States. Its goal is to ensure students have access to the same quality measurement instruments that are used today in the industry.
To enter the contest, applicants should describe how they intend to use the Gentec-EO material in their laboratory and elaborate on the physics principles their students will learn with this material. Applicants must be in a role where they provide instruction through laboratory demonstrations or experiments at a university or college.
Contest now closed
We are currently accepting new applications until March 31, 2020.
The program is opened to US academic organizations only.
We will announce one winner per month, for a total of 12 winners.
You choose your prize among 5 options
#1 – UP19K-15S-H5-INT
This thermopile-based laser power detector comes in its INTEGRA version, which means you get an all-in-one laser power meter that you simply plug in your PC with the USB connector. Install our free proprietary software PC-Gentec-EO and you are ready to take a measurement up to 15 W of continuous power with a maximum average power density of 36 kW/cm².
#2 – QE25LP-S-MB-INT
Want to measure laser energy instead of power? Try this all-in-one laser energy meter. With this INTEGRA version of our popular QE25LP-S-MB pyroelectric-based energy detector you get both a detector and a meter in one convenient product for measurement up to 3.8 J with a maximum energy density of 0.6 J/cm². Just plug it in your PC and install our free software PC-Gentec-EO.
#3 – PRONTO-SI
The PRONTO-SI uses a photodiode-based technology and is made for laser power measurement between 0.3 nW and 800 mW. It can be handheld or mounted on a small stand. This user-friendly product is so simple to use that anyone can start using it within seconds. It offers data logging on its internal memory and a USB connection to transfer data on your PC.
#4 – UP19K-15S-H5 & MAESTRO
This more traditional laser power measurement kit is made of a separate detector and display device. It measures up to 15 W of continuous laser power. MAESTRO is our flagship product at Gentec-EO and is ideal to measure laser beams in a laboratory environment. No need to install any software. Just connect the detector to the MAESTRO, turn it on and start measuring.
#5 – BEAMAGE-4M
This laser beam profiler is a convenient complement to laser power and energy measurement instruments because it provides useful additional information like spatial energy or intensity distribution, beam width, centroid, ellipticity and orientation. It comes with an intuitive and complete software that features an array of useful tools and functions.
Rules, terms and conditions
Your application must meet all the following criteria in order to be eligible to participate in the Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards program.
- Your organization must be academic and be located in the United States.
- The applicants must be in a role where they provide instruction through laboratory demonstrations or experiments at a university or college.
- Your application must be submitted by March 31, 2020 through our application form accessible below.
Gentec-EO will select 12 winners.
Winners are determined at the sole discretion of the Gentec-EO Laser Lab Awards team and will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Intended use of the requested product in your laboratory for your students (hint: make sure to provide detailed information when filling the application form)
- Number of students who will use the product in your laboratory
- All eligibility criteria are met
Prizes will be awarded to the winning colleges and universities, not to the applicants who represent them.
By applying to this program, you accept the following conditions if your application is selected:
- You authorize Gentec-EO to publish your application on our website and social media accounts.
- You agree to send us a picture of the product you won in use in your laboratory within 4 weeks, which we may publish on our website and social media accounts.
- You can submit your application between February 1st and March 31st, 2020.
- We will announce one winner per month starting in April 2020.